Understanding of Research Methodology
6 weeks (12 classes via Zoom)
Approximately 2 hours class per day
With special session – Islam and Research
To be announced latter .
Dr Masum A. Patwary
He has 15+ years of experience in the field of Research Methodology and Environmental Science. He has completed his PhD in Environmental Science from the School of Science and Engineering, Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK.
He has served in several roles including:
- Researcher and Lecturer at the School of Science and Engineering at Teesside University, UK;
- Research Methodology Module leader in a number of Universities in different countries such UK, USA;
- E-Learning coordinator in the School of Science and Engineering at Teesside University, UK;
- Environmental Adviser of KP Foods, United Biscuits, UK; Environmental Adviser, PRISM, Bangladesh Foundation.
He has been supervising a number of masters and PhD students in the UK and USA since long.
Dr Masum was invited as a Research Scientist to give a speech on his research in different academic, corporate and professional government and non-governmental agencies such as ADB, World Bank, and seminars, symposiums and conferences and scientific committees in different countries in the world. Currently, he is working as an Environmental Planner, California, USA.
In addition, Dr Masum is conducting a number of research projects on different issues as a Principal Researcher. He received an invitation to conduct a session on research methodology in the department of Public health Nutrition in Qassim University, Buraydah, Saudi Arabia. He also received an invitation from MIT Pune India as a Visiting Professor on research methodology.
Dr Masum has published one book in English, five books in Bangla and more than 25 scientific articles related to the Research methodology and environment in eminent journals in the world. He serves as a reviewer for approximately 50 journals and is an Editorial Board member of 4 journals and Chief Editor of Journal of Geography Environment and Earth Science.
Who is this course for:
Anyone who is involved in research oriented work.
Understanding of Research:
- Research: a way of idea
- Research process: at a glance
Thinking of a research problem and/or idea:
- Planning a research problem
- Reviewing the literature
- Determining variables
- Developing a hypothesis
Planning a research design:
- Prepare a research design
- Selecting a study design
- How to prepare a research proposal
Data Collection Approach:
- Method of data collection
- Data using scales
- Establishing the validity and reliability of a research instrument
Data Processing and Representation:
Writing a Research Report:
Special Session – Islam and Research:
School of Islam and Research:
- Research Methodology for Religious Studies
- Research methods in Islamic Science
- Mode of analysis
The Noble Quran, Hadith, Fiqh and our life
- Development of Islamic-based Research Methodology
- Proposed Research methodology from Islamic Sources of Knowledge
Certification of Completion will be awarded.